Monday 9 May 2011

Restaurant Review: Michel's Restaurant & Bar, Novotel

Location: 270 Collins Street, Melbourne
Phone: +61 3 9667 5800
Cuisine: Modern Australian
Overall impression: 6/10
There is a stigma related to restaurants within hotels. There is always a presumption that the food will be well presented but for some reason have that sort of this-food-was-prepared-in-a-hotel taste. I'm not sure how to describe that sensation but hopefully you know what I mean.
As such, I was pleasantly surprised at my experience at Michel's. I had the opportunity of indulging in their buffet lunch. I generally dislike buffets because I have self-control issues, but I'll leave that for another day. Now, back to the restaurant.
The food was actually very enjoyable. I particularly liked their chickpea salad, roasted chicken and cashew nut and peach salad. Desserts wise, the highlight was definitely the delectable pecan tart.
Even though the experience didn't blow my mind or anything, it was nontheless worth blogging about. Oh and great service. Very attentive staff who were just the right amount of 'friendly'.
Michels on Urbanspoon

No comments: