Wednesday 2 December 2015

Turbine Cafe & Bar

Written by Jessica Williams.
Melbourne is rife with clubs and bars. You would think it would be so easy to choose one to go to. Not the case. There are many things to consider before landing on one location, and while it’s not the be all and end all – because there is going to be another one less than 100 metres away - it’s nice to know you’re stopping somewhere good. 

So what impacts my venue choice? Who I’m going with, what I want to drink, whether I want to sit or stand, do I want to be inside or outside, do I want to eat or not; the list goes on. 
I would direct my friends to the new Turbine Café & Bar on Chapel Street if our group needed some casual snacks and drinks before venturing out further. The new venue has a great long couch perfect for lounging on, and a large communal table that is easy to crowd around, clink glasses and share mini burgers and arancini balls.

The venue serves breakfast right through to dinner, the menu is approachable and the bar is well stocked. 

Bronze features, exposed brick and of course, a large fan resembling a turbine make up the space that is located right next to Speakeasy Kitchen and Bar.
Best of all, it’s right on the tram line, so it’s a great and accessible location to kick off an evening. 

Location: 357 Chapel Street, South Yarra
Phone: 03 8657 8576
Cuisine: European


Turbine Cafe & Bar Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Gastrology bloggers dined courtesy of Turbine Cafe & Bar.

No comments: