Monday 1 August 2011

Restaurant Review: Giuseppe Arnaldo & Sons

Phone: (03) 9694 7400
Location: Crown Entertainment Complex, Southbank
Cuisine: Italian
Overall Impression: 6.5/10
Z, JL and I decided to catch up over a working day lunch at Giuseppe. The service was prompt and friendly. The whole place had a really modern vibe to it. 
Seriously delicious bread for the table.
"Ravioli alla Marchigiana"
Ravioli Filled with a Five Hour Ragu of Pork & Veal in a Burnt Butter, Sage Sauce, Finished with Black Truffle Pecorino (Available Lunch Only) $36
Spaghetti“Arrabbiata” Crab, Tomato, Chilli
Baked in a Paper Bag   $33
Mezzi Rigatoni, Our Own Pork Sausages,
Sage, Tomato, Garlic, Chilli  $28  

All in all, the food was rustic and delicious. The pasta was al dente. Everything was well seasoned and very hearty. That said, at over $30 for a bowl of pasta, you would very well hope so. This is my second time at Giuseppe and although the food is delicious, I am still not sure whether the high end prices are justified. Perhaps a 3 course dinner in the future would give me more perspective and change my mind but at this stage, for a casual lunch, I would say it is good but I would not be rushing to go back.
Giuseppe, Arnaldo & Sons on Urbanspoon

No comments: